You can find the cancellation policy of the ferry company under Changes & Cancellations in our Customer Support pages.
Additionally to the cancellation fees held by the ferry company, Greekferries company charges an additional 10% fee from the refundable amount for international route bookings and α 5% fee for domestic route bookings.
Open return tickets
Open date tickets can be canceled without fees when issued as open date tickets. When converted into open date tickets they are canceled with a 50% cancelation fee.
Ticket change means changing the travel dates, the route or upgrade category.
Changing the route (ex. Piraeus – Mykonos into Mykonos – Piraeus) and the name of the passenger requires cancellation of the original ticket (see the cancellation policy of the company) and the purchase of a new ticket.
ATTENTION! If the passenger has the original tickets in their hands, they have to return them to the issuing agent in order to replace them with new tickets.
In case of ticket loss, the passenger will have to buy new tickets in order to travel. Then the passenger must inform the company in writing, stating the departure date, the route, the lost ticket number, the new ticket number purchased as well as a photocopy of it.
If the ticket does not appear as traveled in the records of the company within 1 month after the travel date, the company will provide a free ticket of equal value with the lost one. The loss statement will be sent by fax to 210-8919019, Customer Service & Loyalty.
Delay or cancellation of route
- DELAYED DEPARTURE: Passengers and vehicles can board the ferry without changing their tickets.
- CANCELLATION OF ROUTE: The tickets for the cancelled route do not apply for boarding and must be changed for the next scheduled departure with available places, by replacing the original ticket.
- CAUTION: When the delay or cancelation of a ferry route is due to force majeure (e.g. bad weather), passengers are requested to communicate with the port offices of the company in order to be informed of the new departure time.
- Open date tickets are not valid for boarding, unless the departure date is confirmed and a boarding card has been issued. Tickets are valid indefinitely.
- During boarding, the original ticket and the boarding card must be presented to the Chief Purser who performs the control.